May 12, 2009

Never Say Never!! First Boro Beads

I am waltzing around my kitchen with my new beads clutched close to my heart. Sure, I've got too much haze. Sure, the colors are over-struck in some and under-struck in others (which is kind of cool in itself), but HEY, I finally started working in boro!!


I must say that the photos don't really do justice to the colors and certainly don't show off the glittery silver deposits deep in the beads (silver is the main secret ingredient that makes these colors flip out like they do).

So, for all those who say that you can never work boro on a Minor and a concentrator, foo on you! All the beads above were made exactly on a Minor and concentrator, from only 3 colors of glass (which might actually be the total sum of reactive boro available for sale in Israel) + a little clear.
  • I know that in a couple of months I'll look back at these beads and cringe but at the moment I am delighted. Working with boro felt like I was pulling toffee (or maybe tar), with a new rhythm and rules to learn.



Wish me luck?!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful beads! I love the combination of colors in them.